Pet Surgery Safety Protocols
At The Village Vets of Buckhead, we take your pet’s safety very seriously. As an AAHA-accredited veterinary hospital, our surgical procedures, equipment, and protocols have all been evaluated and approved by AAHA representatives. Our safety protocols include:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work and exam
- IV catheter to provide warmed fluids that hydrate your pet and regulate their body temperature
- Comprehensive monitoring equipment that measures blood pressure, body temperature, respiratory rate, pulse oximetry, heart rate and rhythm, and more
- Dedicated technician to be with your pet and monitor them from start to finish
- Pain medication before surgery so they wake up with minimal discomfort
- At-home pain medication throughout their recovery
What People are Saying
I cannot thank you enough for the superb job you do caring for my doggies. A special shout out to Dr. Jenkins, Dr. Matthews and the staff at the Buckhead location!. We love you!
Dog & Cat Soft Tissue Surgery Procedures in Atlanta, GA
Soft tissue procedures include all those that do not involve bone. Common soft tissue surgeries we perform include:
- Spay and neuter surgeries
- Mass removal
- Skin tag removal
- Exploratory surgery
- Cystotomy (bladder surgery)
- Splenectomy (spleen removal)
- Basic eye surgeries (i.e. cherry eye, enucleation, etc.)
- And more
Complex and Orthopedic Pet Surgeries
For any pet surgery we can’t handle ourselves such as complex soft tissue surgeries or orthopedics, we’ll refer you to our sister location in Decatur. The Village Vets of Decatur offer a wide range of surgeries, all with the same level of care we provide here.
For more information about our surgical services, please don’t hesitate to call at (404) 844-4824.